METLIFE FOUNDATION NATIONAL ARTS FORUMS
January 12, 2004 4:00-5:30
“Connecting the Dots: Where do arts and culture impact, influence
and intersect with other sectors?”
Come hear some of Rhode Island’s prominent leaders in
government, business, philanthropy, tourism and education discuss
their perspectives on the arts and cultural community. Panelists
will share their views on how arts and culture fit within their
strategic visions and goals; their barriers to working with the arts
community; how they see arts and culture playing a role in future
community and economic development in Rhode Island; and more....
Lisa G. Churchville
- President & General Manager, WJAR NBC10
- Executive Director, Providence Tourism Council
Ronald V. Gallo
- President, The Rhode Island Foundation
- President, Rhode Island School of Design
- Commissioner, Rhode Island Department of Education
Representative William J. Murphy*
- Speaker of the House, RI House of Representatives
- Director of Administration, Rhode Island Economic Development
John Hazen White Jr.*
- President, Taco, Inc.
Laurie White* - Executive Counselor to the Governor for
Policy and Communications
- Director, Department of Arts, Culture & Tourism, City of
Panel moderated by Karin Reed of NBC10.
The panel will be held in the 3rd Floor Auditorium
of the Providence Public Library Central Branch, 225 Washington
call Tonya at 401-621-6108.
You are also cordially invited to an
Arts After Hours
reception immediately following the event from 5:30 - 7:00 pm - at
Kestral (2nd Floor) -
the new restaurant located a at 123 Empire St. at corner of
Washington Street, Providence.